Alternative Views – Management v Equity Partners: who’s in charge in mid-market law?
Time: 5:30 pm - 12:00 am
Date: Day 1 Monday 24 September 2018
We’ll re-convene for an informal and interactive session using the “Samoan Circle” format. Set up in the round, delegates will gather around a central circle to eavesdrop on a frank, facilitated, conversation which will initially be between four managing partners about the ownership and management challenges facing mid-market firms. Audience members can join in the discussion by entering the “inner discussion circle” and sitting down.
We’ll start by addressing the questions that are keeping law firm leaders up at night:
- Is the LLP still a valid ownership model for mid-market firms?
- What can we do to get equity partners to engage with the business as leaders and owners?
- How can we focus the management team on driving the business forward, not just on keeping equity partners happy?
- How can we, as managing partners, motivate the management team to take the risks that come with changing to ownership structures?
The working principles of the Samoan Circle are:
- Only those in the inner circle may speak, until prompted to retire
- You can enter the inner circle at any time if you want to join the discussion
- You must finish your point and leave the inner circle when prompted by the facilitator
The bar is open, Sli.do awaits your questions / comments and we hope you’ll join in the conversation.